Gone on holiday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
Seems like and to me. Alpha NT.
Interesting, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandals View Post
Sounds reasonable.
I can't speak for everyone but I know nothing about MBTI functions. MBTI isn't really that well known outide America, at least in UK it is probably as well known as socionics (ie not very).
Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
My understanding of Ti/Te is certainly not the most advanced.
However the empahasis in the originally quoted statement seems to be on the synthesis of facts over the system the author is creating.

I do know an ILI who thinks in almost exactly this way. very methodical, taking on board info, discarding info which is irrelevent.
However I feel that both Ti and Te are being expressed, I do not have enough information (insight, experience etc.) to say for certain the emphasis either way.
I will say Te > Ti as a gut reaction. actually I'm really not sure. so I will shut up.
Interesting thanks. It seems you see strong T in both functions, with some N being expressed.

Quote:
You don't need to shut up, everyone's input is appreciated. I see it strong Te as well, but Te is unvalued and parts are discarded in favor of Ti.
I agree with both parts.

Quote:
Seems an awful lot like:
Interesting.

-------------------

OK, I made this post a long time ago, just about the time that i'd heard about Model A. It was part of a discussion and I (or people) were asked to describe Te

http://www.socionics.com/forums/show...&postcount=180

(I edited out the part in my quote which says i'm trying to describe my etc for I think obvious reasons of impartiality). At that time I thought I was ISTp, and had ego .

What is interesting I think is that, even although I was attempting to describe Te, it is rather clear to me that Ti is still the dominant function i'm expressing here, given that (among other things):

is external statics of fields.

And as Ashura wrote:

Quote:
Such an individual perceives information from without as a sense of objects' proper or improper correlation/proportion, a sense of balance or imbalance between them, or an awareness or unawareness of the advantages of one object over another.
etc..

I thought that it would be interesting to use this initial quote of this thread for reasons such as: my knowledge of socionics was less at that point (so less tainted to therefore describe something to make it "fit"), and even although I was attempting to describe Te, it's clear to me on reading back on it that the influence is on as valued, and I think some :Ne: thrown in.

The quotes that you posted about as an 8th function I feel do make sense to me, and you've captured the essense of what I was expressing, and how it plays out within me (@ stanprollyright). Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread.

I though i'd post some other peoples analysis of the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion
Si + Ti: I pull together all the available facts, and use all the facts I have gathered, 'swirl' them around, and I feel that with what I have gathered I then present to the world, my thoughts. When I gather this information, there is of course, some blanks (after all..to take on board EVERYTHING could suggest I don't actually have a mind of my own) so what happens is I take on as many facts as I can, the more facts I take on, the more able I am to reject that which does not fit in with the most of the assimilated information.

(Basically taking external data and perceiving it as a subjective envelopment (the facts swirl around me). The facts are no longer "objective" i.e. separate from the observer, but are now a subjective and relative experience.)

Ti: The more information I take on, the more I am able to reject that which does not fit in, and the more able I am to use this information to forumulate my own opinions, and indeed, to come up with new ideas and advances in the information I have taken on.

Ti + Ne: It is sort of like a logical information external gatherer, and then connecting that info to be feel knowledgable, to absorb, then produce internally and externally, new insights based on this data gathering and sorting system.

I could easily have said this.

Alpha NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly
Sounds mostly like Ti to me, some Ne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuturtutu
Asker aka Taciturn.
It seems most people see it as Ti, and as an Alpha NT.

tuturtutu sees it as an asking type - which corresponds to LII, but not to ILI.

It's just another interesting piece in the puzzle - or whatever that word is/should be.

Last edited by Cyclops; 04/09/2009 at 10:34 AM.