View Single Post
Old 08/04/2010, 08:30 PM
The Looks

Default k0rps3y, autism, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
What's with all the attacking?
Who was I attacking? What part of what I said was an attack?

Quote:
Prom afaik - has the view that a person is the same type on all the 3 systems because the dichotomies are the same on all the systems. He has a point to an extent, they are at least described (when you look at dichotomy description) fairly similar.
I disagree with Prom, and I'm telling Corpsey that I think suck thinking is incorrect.

Quote:
Apparently autistic people are more likely to test at NT types - however, that doesn't mean they are NT types, it simply means that's what they test as. I've known some aspergers people. I have even known an Fe type aspergers. Perhaps not necessarily fair to put on one example, but this guy was ... kinda dangerous, sort of like evil Brian (or at least what an evil Brian could be like) from family guy.
Absolutely. The nature of autism is really similar to an extreme form of what is often attributed to Ni leading.

Quote:
In regards to korpsies type, I said I wouldn't question it again, and I haven't, but I agree INTp seems more likely from the further details.
I'm glad we're in agreement.

Quote:
Oh, regards to starting another thread, why? Speak to a mod or mind your own business, it's kinda irritating having someone pop up with these suggestions, randomly attacking another user (Prom) then stating something as fact yourself...which is sort of what Prom does?
For the record, I started my response to the rest of the thread before I noticed it was Abeille's thread.

Also, I didn't attack Prom, I simply said the systems are different. Even Prom would agree that the theories are fundamentally different, he just thinks the types correlate between them.

Quote:
Anyway, I disagree with the implication that socionic type can't help with career choice. If you see my other thread you will see there is pattern, and I won't dispute what my eyes tell me. Please be more open minded.
I'm not saying it can't, just like MBTI isn't incapable of predicting comfortable relationships. I'm saying they were designed with different goals in mind. I think socionics can apply to career choice in a somewhat clumsy manner, as long as you look at specific careers and how much they use various ego functions. The best indicator I've seen is based on club.

An' I says, "Stan, you prolly right."