View Single Post
Old 07/06/2008, 06:20 PM
the Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
I made my first computer game when I was 16 or something. It was called 15 treasures and was written in basic with no proper graphics whatsoever, instead everything was built with ASCII. You had to run around collecting treasures and had a time limit. You could grab more than 1 treasure at a time but you would become heavier and the bridges were programmed to take that into account, so your chances that a bridge would collapse were increasing. Also if you went over the same bridge more than once it would become weaker etc. There were dangers, like traps with spiders etc. I even went to the extent of making cut scenes when you were getting eaten or falling through. I think there was even some very simple beep music in it lol. This game died with the tape I saved it on. The end.
Nice...my first games were written in Q-Basic and were text-based too (or had very poor graphics - mostly blinking dots and colored shapes)...I have used The Games Factory 2 quite extensively to produce quality video games of all types, and I intend to learn to write flash when I have time...

u!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibration View Post
Thanks. Now I understand why Prom thinks you are the most intelligent person at this forum.