View Single Post
Old 13/06/2008, 12:53 PM
House Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3 View Post
Again, I'll have to clarify things. Prom, you see too much in black and white.
No. People in general see things too little in black and white. People are afraid of clarity, and that's why they feel a need to put in some gray in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSV3
Yes, intertype relations are one way of defining the quadras. This method essentially defines the quadras from the top down (by examining Model A). But you are clearly remiss to believe there is just one way of defining a small group. It is more uniform and consistent to define every small group as a combination of the 15 reinin dichotomies (these include the original 4 Jungian dichotomies).
Yes, it's possible to do that, but the end result is the same.

Quote:
In essence, there are multiple ways to define a small group, and I prefer to define up from the fundamental socionics blocks (i.e., the dichotomies) and you prefer to define down (from the intertype relations).
No, I actually prefer dichotomies.

Quote:
Also, you should not be so close-minded to typing people based on quadra values, it is a useful auxiliary typing tool.
Only for those who truly understand the types correctly. Most people don't, especially not beginners.

Quote:
In fact, dichotomy testing, particularly the J/P dichotomy results, are often inconclusive, and at this point the quadras and temperaments become important tools.
The temperaments are much more useful and accurate (as a typing tool) than the quadras.

Quote:
I'd think carefully when making these kind of absolute black and white statements. There are often exceptions.
No. There are almost never any exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG View Post
Are you talking about Extraverted/Introverted behaviour/attitude or about which function is dominant? I fear lots of people still refer to E/I as an attitude, hence you can be balanced in your attitude.
It's the same thing. Biologically it is an attitude, socionically it is about which function is dominant. It is still a clear-cut dichotomy. You can never be anything in between extraversion and introversion. People in general are deluded by the structure of personality tests. The types themselves are no mixtures.

Last edited by Prometheus; 13/06/2008 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost