Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Hypothetical question (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7)

SG 19/01/2006 11:30 PM

Hypothetical question

Lets say two people know their types, know about compatibility issues and are not compatible according to the theory but feel some attraction towards each other.

Would they:

1. Even consider getting together knowing the implications.
2. Manage to co-exist peacefully because of knowing the implications.

Nyx 19/01/2006 11:44 PM

Re: Hypothetical question

I know I said this somewhere else, but I'll say it again.
My mother is one of the most wonderful people I know, and she and I are conflicting types: she's ESFJ and I'm INTP. We have always gotten along and have learned to understand one another. I can safely say she is the closest friend I have. Obviously it is possible to exist in peace with someone who may hold a very different perspective, without having that relationship crumble.
Not to say romance is the same as relations with family or friends, but it does serve I think as a model. As far as I'm concerned knowing the difficulties is an advantage. Respect and open-mindedness is the key to any relationship.

rmcnew 19/01/2006 11:56 PM

I think it depends upon how much stress and maintenance you are willing to endure in a relationship.

SG 19/01/2006 11:57 PM

So let me summarise it Nyx. You get along famously with an ESFj, can't stand INTps and ESFps, from "INTj or INTp" description you relate more to an INTj and you think your type is INTp. Did I miss anything?

Nyx 19/01/2006 11:58 PM

...the fact that I have consistently tested INxP for 7 years, no matter how I try consciously to test otherwise?

SG 20/01/2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rmcnew:
I think it depends upon how much stress and maintenance you are willing to endure in a relationship.
But if you both aware of the problem, do you think the stress and conflicts could be avoided?

SG 20/01/2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nyx:
...the fact that I have consistently tested INxP for 7 years, no matter how I try consciously to test otherwise?
Have you got STA results saved anywhere? And your pic would be nice.

Nyx 20/01/2006 12:04 AM

Unfortunately not.

But I could dig up a pic somewhere.

SG 20/01/2006 12:11 AM

I would appreciate if you take the test as well, it's kinda important too. http://intjworld.com/forums/ubbthrea...s/thumbsup.gif

Nyx 20/01/2006 12:15 AM

Sure, but wouldn't that be a bit superflous, given that I already have an idea of what my type is and it might influence the results?

SG 20/01/2006 12:19 AM

I don't expect to see a miracle. You told me about it so it should be fine. Besides the test produces much more raw data for analysis than it is actually displayed to the user.

rmcnew 20/01/2006 12:34 AM

You should try the STA test, but if you want you can also take the functional analysis test found at socion.info to help you gauge where you stand on a function by function basis.

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/index.cgi?loc=test

I should warn you, though ... expect to spend more than half an hour on each test!

Nyx 20/01/2006 01:01 AM

I saved the results, and here's the code.
ueynsMUyzWifUomSzZYIXTrrVtg1t1di1jotXFC-:(YPZzkvvXZ(1EshbwevgutibfyM}dUT(J@e1vg2
I will also take the functional analysis test when I am able.

Is the pic still necessary?

SG 20/01/2006 01:10 AM

Sorry you had to complete the test, I could have told you after you've done the normal mode not to bother. It took you 3 minutes and 14 seconds to come up with a perfect INTp score in the normal mode. Basically you already know too much and can manipulate the result of any test. So that goes out of the window.

Now the pic or better several preferably having your mum on it too.

Nyx 20/01/2006 01:54 AM

I figured.

Hmm...I'll see what I can do.

Lost Spirit 20/01/2006 03:38 AM

I'm definately a believer that you can have a good relationship with any other type if both people are aware that the other person appears annoying or difficult because they see the world much differently. Both people involved must have empathy and a willingness to respect why the other person believes and acts the way they do. Unfortunately, way too many people out there assume that their way is the only way and anyone who thinks or acts differently is a fool and not worthy to be a member of society. Being an INFp, I can certainly attest that I've given up trying to defend myself to others. I love leaving things alone for the most part and don't like imposing myself on nature or others anymore than is necessary. I'm a fruitcake dreamer that can spend long hours alone without much stimulation from the outside environment and I love doing things others view as frivolous, unproductive, and impractical. ESTJs have a hard time with me and me with them. I do think I could get along with an open minded ESTJ, but it would probably take so much energy that such relationships would probably be best left as casual and intermittent instead of intense and intimate.

Nyx 22/01/2006 06:51 PM

Where do I send the picture? It's not the best, but it shows my face.

SG 22/01/2006 08:31 PM

Only one picture http://intjworld.com/forums/ubbthrea...emlins/cry.gif ? Send it to submissions and I'll upload it.

Nyx 22/01/2006 08:57 PM

Submissions?

SG 22/01/2006 09:04 PM

Yeah, I don't want to type e-mail address in full because it will get picked up by e-mail harvesters. Submissions at this website, get it?