Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***Introduce Yourself Thread*** (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410)

Cyclops 26/08/2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandals (Post 18326)
For a few months, I've learned quite a bit about personality typing based on Jung's typology. I study communication so I'm interested in seeing how personality theories shape attitudes, thinking, and communication online as well as understanding and framing of people and situations. Self-awareness and self knowledge generally leads to new insights in self-discovery. I've typed as INFP & INFJ, so still not sure how that works. Just learning about socionics. Should be interesting.

Filte!

This is not your captain speaking: Have a pleasant journey and enjoy your stay!

Some of what you're interest in sounds like it could be pretty good couple of threads, if you get round to posting them, thoughts, questions and such!

tereg 27/08/2009 12:26 AM

I'm tereg. Most of you know me.

Hi.

Kanerou 27/08/2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tereg (Post 18368)

Hi.

*waves* Hiya. :D

RSV3 27/08/2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Hi.

Hey Tereg; good to see you.

bigwhitesquare 27/08/2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Hi.

Hi! :waving:

Brilliand 27/08/2009 11:34 PM

Brilliand here, from the16types.

RSV3 28/08/2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brilliand (Post 18403)
Brilliand here, from the16types.

Hello Brilliand.

mihai_m 03/09/2009 07:18 PM

Hey guys. Pinocchio/ephemeros from the16types.info here.
I have this nickname here since 2007, I'll ask, maybe it's possible to become un bel burattino again :D.

stanprollyright 03/09/2009 07:35 PM

Wow, we've gotten a slew of people migrating from the16types. Welcome all!

Suzzy 02/10/2009 02:06 AM

Hi Suzzy here,
I have been interested in Myers Briggs for about 6 years now and did my best to learn all that I could about it. I more recently found Socionics and am excited about the inter type relationship theories.
My dining room and desk are starting to make me look like a crazy mad scientist lady with all of the information that I am printing off about it lately. I wish I could learn more and be better at memorizing it all.
Every day I try to make links with what I have learned to real life people and situations. Even when I tell myself that enough is enough my brain just can't stop. I seem to have found a hobby/interest that is sticking no matter what. Actually it's more like I have found names and words for what I naturally was doing all my life before I came across all this personality information.
In Myers Briggs I consistently test as INFj. Under Socionics i originally felt that INFj still fitted and yes I still tested as that. But when both of my daughters started insisting that they are both also INFj I started to have doubts We can't all be using the same system there is no way. So I watched all the videos I could on Youtube about the personalities. My daughters even posted thier own videos to see what people thought. I read many comments by people who claimed to be INFj/INFJ and INFp/INFP. I realized that many people are typing themselves wrong......or is it just me who is not typed correctly?
Take a look at the photos that I posted recently and tell me what you think.
Cheers

Kanerou 02/10/2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzzy (Post 19180)
Hi Suzzy here,
I have been interested in Myers Briggs for about 6 years now and did my best to learn all that I could about it. I more recently found Socionics and am excited about the inter type relationship theories.
My dining room and desk are starting to make me look like a crazy mad scientist lady with all of the information that I am printing off about it lately. I wish I could learn more and be better at memorizing it all.
Every day I try to make links with what I have learned to real life people and situations. Even when I tell myself that enough is enough my brain just can't stop. I seem to have found a hobby/interest that is sticking no matter what. Actually it's more like I have found names and words for what I naturally was doing all my life before I came across all this personality information.
In Myers Briggs I consistently test as INFj. Under Socionics i originally felt that INFj still fitted and yes I still tested as that. But when both of my daughters started insisting that they are both also INFj I started to have doubts We can't all be using the same system there is no way. So I watched all the videos I could on Youtube about the personalities. My daughters even posted thier own videos to see what people thought. I read many comments by people who claimed to be INFj/INFJ and INFp/INFP. I realized that many people are typing themselves wrong......or is it just me who is not typed correctly?
Take a look at the photos that I posted recently and tell me what you think.
Cheers

Welcome!

Out of curiosity, are you trying to combine Myers-Briggs with Socionics? Someone who is INFJ isn't necessarily INFj, nor an INFP, INFp; so if you're looking at people who are talking about their MB type, then you can't necessarily extrapolate that to Socionics. Anyway, Wikisocion is a good resource for information. BTW, maybe you could tell us some stuff about yourself on your thread?

Suzzy 02/10/2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 19182)
Welcome!

Out of curiosity, are you trying to combine Myers-Briggs with Socionics? Someone who is INFJ isn't necessarily INFj, nor an INFP, INFp; so if you're looking at people who are talking about their MB type, then you can't necessarily extrapolate that to Socionics. Anyway, Wikisocion is a good resource for information. BTW, maybe you could tell us some stuff about yourself on your thread?

Hi Kanerou, I completely realize that Myers Briggs and Socionics are 2 different systems and am trying my best to keep them seperate in my mind but yes I am also constantly trying to work out how much overlap between the 2 there is. I think I have the most difficulty with working out the judging versus percieving function....hopefully I am starting to get my head around it now though. I think that the Socionics system offers so much more than Myers but I still see faults and room for improvement in it.
Will try to fill in some info on my thread later today.
Cheers

Kanerou 02/10/2009 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzzy (Post 19185)
Hi Kanerou, I completely realize that Myers Briggs and Socionics are 2 different systems and am trying my best to keep them seperate in my mind but yes I am also constantly trying to work out how much overlap between the 2 there is. I think I have the most difficulty with working out the judging versus percieving function....hopefully I am starting to get my head around it now though. I think that the Socionics system offers so much more than Myers but I still see faults and room for improvement in it.
Will try to fill in some info on my thread later today.
Cheers

OK.

(filler)

jason zero 19/10/2009 09:49 PM

hi i'm jason, ENTp originally from boston, live in las vegas now. i learned socionics a while back and have been applying it in my field (poker). but i also use astrology profiling techniques as well and combine them quite easily and quickly to profile someone at the poker table.

please dont respond with the i dont believe in astrology crap. thats fine with me and i dont need you to try and convince me otherwise.

basic system.. i use

fire = intuition
earth = sensing
air = logic
water = ethical

for example if someone tells you they have say a virgo moon .. then you would instantly know that they have introverted sensing in thier socionic make up.

Banter 19/10/2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason zero (Post 19567)
please dont respond with the i dont believe in astrology crap. thats fine with me and i dont need you to try and convince me otherwise.

LOL

... and :welcome: Jason! Hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Kanerou 20/10/2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

basic system.. i use

fire = intuition
earth = sensing
air = logic
water = ethical

for example if someone tells you they have say a virgo moon .. then you would instantly know that they have introverted sensing in thier socionic make up.

I find the use of astrology interesting in terms of personality (I don't do horoscopes and such); but I would be interested to know how often this correlation works, as well as how you decide whether a function is introverted or extroverted based on one's element. PM or thread would be fine, depending on whether you want to discuss this in private or in public.

mihai_m 20/10/2009 06:13 AM

Quote:

fire = intuition
earth = sensing
air = logic
water = ethical.

This classification looks MBTI, it doesn't explain (in)compatibility. For example Si (earth) is compatible with Ne (water) but incompatible with Ni (water). The notion of "PoLR" in Socionics depicts this exact clash, Te Creative = Fe Vulnerable, Ni Creative = Si Vulnerable, etc, while Duality is the complementarity: Te+Fi, Si+Ne, Se+Ni, etc.
Also, it is inconceivable IMO that Dynamic aspects/functions to be hard elements, namely Earth and Fire, or the reverse. The best example is Si = Earth?

I use this classification:
Earth: Fi, Ti
Water: Ni, Si
Fire: Se, Ne
Air: Te, Fe
Each second element is a particularization, and is antagonist to the first, for example Fi vs Ti (Earth) are plain vs mountain, or amorphous vs crystallized, can't be both at the same time, this is where conflict comes in.
Quote:

If this system works and you're interested in sharing some conclusions, I'm interested. What types should these two persons have:
- male born Aug 6, 1979;
- female born Nov 20, 1985?

jason zero 26/10/2009 01:58 PM

the time of day they were born and the location is very useful too. i'm not an expert in either socionics or astrology and my connections are loose and vague but i'll run you through my thought process for those birthdays.

for the male, hes a leo, which is fixed fire. leo is also typically going to have external intuition. also his inner planets have more leo, so we are going to go with a dominant extraverted intutive type. his moon is in orginized capricorn, so that is earth energy internally, which tells me his introveted sensing is decent, capricorn is also a feminine sign which can flow over to a feeling function, leo is masciline and will have some logical base too, but is stil overwhelliminly intuitive.

so my best guess is ENFp with the T/F scale being very close to each other and only slight prefence to the F part. the only thing i am very certain of is lots of intuition. thats what the chart is screaming so if this leo is a sensor then u can trash my whole little system here.

as for the female she has scorpio sun and picies moon, both water and both feminine, she is prolly introverted feeling and perfers that state. the one thing we are certain of is she is a feeler type, we arnt 100 percent if its external water or internal cause its showing up everywhere.

now... what is this water fueled by?? there is an awful lot of sagitaruis in there. so lets try INFj

with out the birthtimes and location we are missing a big chunk. the rising sign is how others see you, while your sun is ur true self and you moon is your inner self. those 3 are the most important, then the inner planets and finnally the outer. and we are only working with 2/3 for the most important things.

Kanerou 26/10/2009 02:03 PM

Interesting. If you guys are going to discuss this, could you move it to a separate thread, please? I've got a question and some comments/criticisms myself, but I don't feel like the introduction thread is the place for it.

By the way, I'd be curious to see what you'd make of my birthday using the system: 6/30/1987, born around 12 pm. If you want the location, PM me.

mihai_m 26/10/2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason zero (Post 19664)
the time of day they were born and the location is very useful too. i'm not an expert in either socionics or astrology and my connections are loose and vague but i'll run you through my thought process for those birthdays.

I created a new thread for this, please check there, I updated the information about these two guys: http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19667.