Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The leading function (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1864)

complicater-complexer 21/05/2011 10:01 PM

The leading function

One's leading function is the one that has the most potentials. It is the one that can be the most developed. And its development is necessary for one's feeling of self-confidence because it represents for the person its identity. But of course not all leading functions can be made to be very advanced. Of course you can't turn any person who has Ti in dominant into Lebesgue, nor can you turn every Fi dominant into a Chopin. But they can be made to be at least quite good for normal people. But unfortunately, life circumstances sometimes don't support the development of one's leading function, and what results is decreased self-confidence and even type falsification which is quite harming for the person, left-handed people who are forced to use their right hand instead for writing suffer later in life. But even if type falsification doesn't happen, an underdeveloped leading function is a cause for pain. It's like not being good at ones specialty, so being good at nothing.

I wonder how can one develop its leading function the most? I am reconsidering the fact that Ti is my leading function and it is strong, it is allowing me to survive graduate studies in pure math. But I feel it isn't enough, I can't remain focused for long hours during the day, but I'll need it for the future, so do you guys have any suggestions?

SG 22/05/2011 11:42 AM

Which one is the leading function 1st or 2nd?

complicater-complexer 22/05/2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG (Post 24864)
Which one is the leading function 1st or 2nd?

What does it mean for a function to be 1st or 2nd in first place. By leading I mean captain of the ship that fixes the values and objectives.

Cyclops 22/05/2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by complicater-complexer (Post 24863)
One's leading function is the one that has the most potentials. It is the one that can be the most developed. And its development is necessary for one's feeling of self-confidence because it represents for the person its identity. But of course not all leading functions can be made to be very advanced. Of course you can't turn any person who has Ti in dominant into Lebesgue, nor can you turn every Fi dominant into a Chopin. But they can be made to be at least quite good for normal people. But unfortunately, life circumstances sometimes don't support the development of one's leading function, and what results is decreased self-confidence and even type falsification which is quite harming for the person, left-handed people who are forced to use their right hand instead for writing suffer later in life. But even if type falsification doesn't happen, an underdeveloped leading function is a cause for pain. It's like not being good at ones specialty, so being good at nothing.

I wonder how can one develop its leading function the most? I am reconsidering the fact that Ti is my leading function and it is strong, it is allowing me to survive graduate studies in pure math. But I feel it isn't enough, I can't remain focused for long hours during the day, but I'll need it for the future, so do you guys have any suggestions?

Disagree with a lot of this.

Second function has more potential, it's like a gamblers high (and low).