Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***Introduce Yourself Thread*** (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410)

Melmann 29/10/2009 03:35 AM

Heyy, I'm Melanie and I am totally new to socionics. I am an ENFP, and I have always been interested in personality types, and the first time I took a socionics test I thought it was incredibly accurate. I forced my family to take the test, and it was accurate for them as well. I started doing a bit of haphazard research on it, and came across this site. Like I said, I'm still new, but I'd like to think I can learn easily.

Guess that's it. Peace~

Banter 29/10/2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melmann (Post 19801)
Heyy, I'm Melanie and I am totally new to socionics. I am an ENFP, and I have always been interested in personality types, and the first time I took a socionics test I thought it was incredibly accurate. I forced my family to take the test, and it was accurate for them as well. I started doing a bit of haphazard research on it, and came across this site. Like I said, I'm still new, but I'd like to think I can learn easily.

Guess that's it. Peace~


:welcome: Melanie!

... and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

markino 30/10/2009 09:42 AM

hi, I am Marco. I should be an ENTj (the pioneer)... even if not at all of the profile fits with me, or at least I think. well totally new in socionics, I found this theory looking for something about the affinity matching between different personalities! I like the socionics and it fits with what i was looking for... just not easy to catch completely all of it in one easy reading.

Banter 31/10/2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markino (Post 19829)
hi, I am Marco. I should be an ENTj (the pioneer)... even if not at all of the profile fits with me, or at least I think. well totally new in socionics, I found this theory looking for something about the affinity matching between different personalities! I like the socionics and it fits with what i was looking for... just not easy to catch completely all of it in one easy reading.

:welcome: Marco!

Hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Kittykat 07/11/2009 11:09 PM

Hi, I'm Maria. I am an IEE. I'm having a hard time making a decision on what to start with... so if the onslaught of info seems a bit scatterbrained, it's because I'm blabbing whatever pops into my head concerning an introduction. I discovered socionics about a year ago, along with MBTI, and unfortunately when you start with MBTI and then switch to socionics it can get a bit confusing. Oh well. I've been getting a little better I guess about keeping my head in the socionics sphere rather than MBTI. It's interesting--the more I read about it, the more fascinated I am by it. I'm working on learning to type people, and it's coming slowly but surely. Every once in a while, something just sort of "clicks"--so you can just tell by instinct, Oh, that person is that type! You know what I mean? Though I haven't had everything "click" just yet. Ah well, I suppose it will come. I did not grow up with duality--the most "duality" I got from my family was my ILI brother, and we did not spend much time to enjoy eachother's company. :/ oh well. I kinda grew up trying to stifle my type because no one appreciated who I really was. I've become a bit more true to myself, though, since I started dating an ESFj almost two years ago... He actually appreciates my goofiness and random insights and he is very supportive. And I love it when he "flips" to his Si function... because then it's like I'm in a wonderful rosy happy place. :)
I cannot for the life of my spot my dual. >.< Weeelll I guess I'll find an awesome ISTp someday and we'll be the best of friends.
I like to dance and sing, and follow intellectual pursuits, and laugh, and help people especially with interpersonal issues, and sew and on occasion do other crafts, and I like to sleep. ;)
*Ahem* it seems I have written an introduction in the form of an essay. I'll shut up now.

Kanerou 07/11/2009 11:28 PM

Welcome. :) Hope you enjoy your stay.

ENTroP 12/11/2009 05:11 AM

Hi!
 
Hi everyone! My name is Matt, and I am an ENTp (ILE?)! I'm a bio major at Wayne State, and MBTI and Socionics are kind of big past-time of mine. I'm really attracted to shy artsy types (ISFp anyone?) but enjoy interacting with anyone, regardless of intertype relation!

I am very intuitive and am good at reaching conclusions quickly and accurately on a wide variety of topics, but I am easily corrected if my assumptions turn out to be wrong! So hope to see you guys around, don't be a stranger!

I hope all the exclamation points convey my enthusiastic nature :D

Kanerou 12/11/2009 05:32 AM

Welcome! :D

Solemnwanderer 13/12/2009 01:43 PM

New here
 
Hi, I am Lina. I have been into these typology stuff for a while. Just got registered today.

Kanerou 13/12/2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solemnwanderer (Post 20731)
Hi, I am Lina. I have been into these typology stuff for a while. Just got registered today.

Hi! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Aphex 20/12/2009 02:21 AM

Hi, my name's Jack. I post and play under the pseudonym Aphex (funnily enough, I'm not actually a fan of Aphex Twin, I prefer Autechre and Boards of Canada when it comes to IDM). I'm an INTp with very strong suits in the IN and p sections, but my Thinking/Feeling side is fairly balanced, with a slight advantage of Thinking over Feeling.

I share all the classic traits of an INTp except I love talking about feelings and am very emotional. I am affected by conflict and criticism rather deeply unlike other INTps as well, but otherwise it's me all over. I am a 5 on the Enneagram with a wing of 9. I have been into studying and researching socionics for a month or two, but just found the forums this morning. Personality observation is a phase of mine that I have just begun, and I look forward to discovering all the intricacies.

Good morning everyone! :)

complicater-complexer 20/12/2009 04:05 PM

A 5 can only have 4 or 6 as a wing. Since you are particularly sensitive to conflicts I would like you to consider type 9 as a possibility.

Andy 20/12/2009 09:39 PM

Hi, I'm not Andy, and I don't know what type I am, but it seemed like putting something in this thread was a necessity of some sort. Like, if I didn't post something, people would get mad at me or call a jerk for having no social/virtual etiquette.

So, hi :)

Kanerou 20/12/2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 20984)
Hi, I'm not Andy, and I don't know what type I am

Hello.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 20984)
but it seemed like putting something in this thread was a necessity of some sort. Like, if I didn't post something, people would get mad at me or call a jerk for having no social/virtual etiquette.

So, hi :)

Mm, not really. It is nice when people introduce themselves upon registering, and I personally prefer it, but it's not required, and I doubt anyone would call you a jerk for not doing so.

Cyclops 21/12/2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 20984)
Hi, I'm not Andy, and I don't know what type I am, but it seemed like putting something in this thread was a necessity of some sort. Like, if I didn't post something, people would get mad at me or call a jerk for having no social/virtual etiquette.

So, hi :)

lol. Forum introductions can be a tricky one. I might go searching for my first post or one of them.... I think it was some analogy to do with one of the types or something, hmmm.

Oh, hi :-)

goldplasticlock 28/12/2009 12:14 AM

Hey guys, well, goodbye Miss Cyclops. Erm.
I am Julia, I am la studentiante por la universidad. Miserable today. Ive eaten like 8 cookies out of pure emotions. More like 2, but it looked like 8 normal sized cookies smacked into 2 cookie monster bodies. Gonna grow me an avatar tail with all that yellow flub woohoo. Anyway, I dont know. I guess Ill go now.

Kanerou 28/12/2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldplasticlock (Post 21156)
Hey guys, well, goodbye Miss Cyclops.

Cyclops is male.

YOUcome.ME 01/01/2010 11:02 AM

ISTj are welcom and not only
 
Happiness is when you are understood! The socionics gives us keys to understand each other. Why do people tell each other sometimes something and it looks like they do not hear each other? That is the "beauty" of information metabolism occurred with everyone. Logical people look very strange in front of the ethic ones. And just the opposite!

I'm here to broad my knowledge in socionics within the international context. To share, to discuss, to enlarge what we have in Russia and post Soviet countries in this field. For this purpose a new International forum is launched (http://youcome.me). In a month I will get a BA degree in socionics. At the moment it is clear that there is a lot of myths making socionics to be not science. By future articles I plan to publish here I would like to contribute for the purpose of exposing such myths.

Besides, I'm quite interested in contacting ISTj (Pragmatist) sort of person. I'm an ENFj (Actor) :)

complicater-complexer 01/01/2010 12:38 PM

You're welcome, good that we have now somebody who is seriously studying socionics. I personally could be ISTj, but ESTp is as probable. Happy new year.

Cyclops 05/01/2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUcome.ME (Post 21197)
Happiness is when you are understood! The socionics gives us keys to understand each other. Why do people tell each other sometimes something and it looks like they do not hear each other? That is the "beauty" of information metabolism occurred with everyone. Logical people look very strange in front of the ethic ones. And just the opposite!

I'm here to broad my knowledge in socionics within the international context. To share, to discuss, to enlarge what we have in Russia and post Soviet countries in this field. For this purpose a new International forum is launched (http://youcome.me). In a month I will get a BA degree in socionics. At the moment it is clear that there is a lot of myths making socionics to be not science. By future articles I plan to publish here I would like to contribute for the purpose of exposing such myths.

Besides, I'm quite interested in contacting ISTj (Pragmatist) sort of person. I'm an ENFj (Actor) :)

Please do, i'd love to read them thanks.

Although, if you mean on your forum then i'd struggle as I don't understand Russian, sorry.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM