Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Typing Kensi: Who is He? Is he the ENFp(sub ENTp) he claims to be ? (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864)

RSV3 05/06/2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10684)
internally, i'm already decided.
externally, it's impossible for me to decide.

that is why we're having this thread:D

Internally, you're ENFp?
And in reality, you're INFp? ;)

remo 05/06/2008 01:37 PM

you do know who you are. :cool:

your neural network (the junction of receptivity) is clouded by the information already provided to you in the Socionics blocks.
you have the words but can't form the sentence.
the mere nature (and length) of this thread (and others) perpetuates a form of reception. (no pun)
it's like you are trying to build bridges and better roads to the great center that is already stocked but requires access.
this evidently proves that the receptivity junction is less developed, which concludes two things;
1. your dominant function is not an irrational/perceiving. that would have strengthened subjective networking.
2. you are not an introvert. because the introverted orientation (rational or irrational) would have added strength to the networking abilities. but that does not mean you are lacking in this department for objective data.
in relation to the aforementioned, if your secondary receptive function was Sensing you would not be on the search.
concluding; FeNi/EIE/ENFj

Cyclops 05/06/2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remo (Post 10708)

your neural network (the junction of receptivity) is clouded by the information already provided to you in the Socionics blocks.
you have the words but can't form the sentence.
the mere nature (and length) of this thread (and others) perpetuates a form of reception. (no pun)
it's like you are trying to build bridges and better roads to the great center that is already stocked but requires access.
this evidently proves that the receptivity junction is less developed, which concludes two things;

I haven't heard of these three things, could you elaborate a bit more for me please?
Quote:

1. your dominant function is not an irrational/perceiving. that would have strengthened subjective networking.
Quote:

2. you are not an introvert. because the introverted orientation (rational or irrational) would have added strength to the networking abilities. but that does not mean you are lacking in this department for objective data.
i always though extroverts where better at networking?
Quote:

in relation to the aforementioned, if your secondary receptive function was Sensing you would not be on the search.
thus concluding; FeNi/EIE/ENFj
I don't know how you quite got there, but i'd like to know :) by the way I agree with that typing tho :D

Kanerou 05/06/2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10622)
what supports this notion ?

Easy. Overuse jars me - what I feel is overuse, that is. Therefore, I like them when they're not overused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSV3 (Post 10635)
I hate proofs as well. As I've said before, screw empirical validity. I'll check out your poll.

*laughs* So not INTp.

*pats shadowpuppet* Congrats.

shadowpuppet 05/06/2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10712)
*laughs* So not INTp.

*pats shadowpuppet* Congrats.

Thanks. A good INTj name would be FoRkTiNe.

remo 05/06/2008 02:57 PM

Cyclops: I haven't heard of these three things, could you elaborate a bit more for me please?

remo: yes you do know :p

Quote:
remo: Ne/Ni/Se/Si in the first position would have opened up the doors of perception. data gathering would have been clarified. think of it as a birds eye view. you know like the helicopter that helps report traffic jam, not strawberry jam.

Quote:
Cyclops: i always though extroverts where better at networking?

remo: yes, that is true for external networking that is part of a bigger body. since Kensi is looking for himself, that is internal networking. his own body.
imagine the micro organisms in our body. the one's that fight bacteria are like the perceiving types. but i don't mean to imply the bacterias are bad, it's just not what they're supposed to do. they help us give energy to get up in the morning.
Quote:
I don't know how you quite got there, but i'd like to know :) by the way I agree with that typing tho :D

for example ESTp/ESTj is the sensing in the second position. they are well grounded people you'know... :)

Kanerou 05/06/2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowpuppet (Post 10717)
Thanks. A good INTj name would be FoRkTiNe.

*sweatdrops* Oh, that's so sad......

Cyclops 05/06/2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remo (Post 10718)
Cyclops: I haven't heard of these three things, could you elaborate a bit more for me please?

remo: yes you do know :p

Quote:
remo: Ne/Ni/Se/Si in the first position would have opened up the doors of perception. data gathering would have been clarified. think of it as a birds eye view. you know like the helicopter that helps report traffic jam, not strawberry jam.

Quote:
Cyclops: i always though extroverts where better at networking?

remo: yes, that is true for external networking that is part of a bigger body. since Kensi is looking for himself, that is internal networking. his own body.
imagine the micro organisms in our body. the one's that fight bacteria are like the perceiving types. but i don't mean to imply the bacterias are bad, it's just not what they're supposed to do. they help us give energy to get up in the morning.
Quote:

for example ESTp/ESTj is the sensing in the second position. they are well grounded people you'know... :)

Haha that was quite interesting, I think I see where your coming from! Do I know that already? Shucks :o, I am smart.

Remo: Your super smart Cyclops
Cyclops: Well you know, one doesn't like to brag..too much.

kensi 05/06/2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

So you being an INFp (assuming this in iteslf is correct) do not think that I can be an INFp......You think that i'm much more like your extraverted cousin, The ENFj.

This would then put us in the same quadra using traditional rules.

I may have to question some of these insighs seperately though, as i don't quite get all the diagnosed connections.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclops (Post 10709)
by the way I agree with that typing tho :D

How many ENFjs have you known in your life ?

Cyclops 05/06/2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10757)
How many ENFjs have you known in your life ?

I dunno, a few in close quarters IRL and internet. I worked with one for a while.

kensi 05/06/2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclops (Post 10760)
I dunno, a few in close quarters IRL and internet. I worked with one for a while.

I'll try being an ENFj when i'm not on this site....hehe, but i don't think it's gonna work cause i'm incapable of formulating judgments in the outside world of direct object interactions and being able to sustain such justifiable and expansive energies.

but for the sake of being sure....i'll try.

Kanerou 05/06/2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10763)
I'll try being an ENFj when i'm not on this site....hehe, but i don't think it's gonna work cause i'm incapable of formulating judgments in the outside world of direct object interactions and being able to sustain such justifiable and expansive energies.

but for the sake of being sure....i'll try.

Why should you have to try? Doesn't type come naturally?

kensi 05/06/2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10776)
Why should you have to try? Doesn't type come naturally?

that's what the trying is for.... to prove that your attempts have failed as it doesn't feel right.......and thus claim something else come naturally.

under the traditional models.........the activational impetus looks this way....

------->
ENFj - 1.Fe 6.Se (Socx)

-------->
ENFJ - 1.Fe 3.Se (MBTI)
....thats hard to do for me, in the grande scheme of things, unlike for some other people, ...quite hard actually...especially the accepting part...to mimic it is something else all entirely. I know people who can do this with great ease.

Kanerou 05/06/2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10779)
that's what the trying is for.... to prove that your attempts have failed as it doesn't feel right.......and thus claim something else come naturally.

under the traditional models.........the activational impetus looks this way....

------->
ENFj - 1.Fe 6.Se (Socx)

-------->
ENFJ - 1.Fe 3.Se (MBTI)
....thats hard to do for me, in the grande scheme of things, unlike for some other people, ...quite hard actually...especially the accepting part...to mimic it is something else all entirely. I know people who can do this with great ease.

I don't get it. I don't have to try to be what I am wired to be; I simply am. For example, I can try to be an ESTp, but I'd fail miserably. I could try to be an INFj; I might succeed somewhat. Or I could just be myself and determine my type from that.

kensi 06/06/2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10781)
I don't get it. I don't have to try to be what I am wired to be; I simply am. For example, I can try to be an ESTp, but I'd fail miserably. I could try to be an INFj; I might succeed somewhat. Or I could just be myself and determine my type from that.

Maybe you're not a dominant/base intuitive...such people have no problem living in different, albeit sometimes irrelevant, scenarios.

....Might Kanerou be an ISFj ????? hmmm......just a polite suggestion..
In my own experience ISFjs (Myers ISFPs) are "i am" people.

The Base world of the ISFj (Fi) as it relates to the modifier (Se):
Feeling, unbridled by the forces of society and substance is the dominant world. ISFjs are questors to find the pure and ideal as personally and individually defined....ISFjs keep a finger on the pulse of here and now..Feeling may turn temporarily outward, but it cannot be long sustained belong its cloistered home.

Kanerou 06/06/2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kensi (Post 10786)
Maybe you're not a dominant/base intuitive...such people have no problem living in different, albeit sometimes irrelevant, scenarios.

....Might Kanerou be an ISFj ????? hmmm......just a polite suggestion..
In my own experience ISFjs (Myers ISFPs) are "i am" people.

The Base world of the ISFj (Fi) as it relates to the modifier (Se):
Feeling, unbridled by the forces of society and substance is the dominant world. ISFjs are questors to find the pure and ideal as personally and individually defined....ISFjs keep a finger on the pulse of here and now..Feeling may turn temporarily outward, but it cannot be long sustained belong its cloistered home.

I'm not a Sensor. I'm too spaced-out. Besides, that's the ISFP profile from Typelogic. The function definitions are not the same.

kensi 06/06/2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10788)
I'm not a Sensor. I'm too spaced-out. Besides, that's the ISFP profile from Typelogic. The function definitions are not the same.

they don't have to be completely the same...(and certainly not by mere description) just within reason the same.... but if they're completely different then we're not looking at there being 8 functions in both MBTI and Socionics.....there may very well be 16 in total....explain!
That there are 8 in each system is no coincidence....they do jive...within reason.

You only need to know the first 2 functions to have a systematic disposition. Knowledge of anything else that follows is merely a description of specific tendancies for that particular type already established.

In other words we don't need to establish another type (eg. push 16 types to 32 or something)

RSV3 06/06/2008 06:53 AM

Kensi, here's a test based solely on the 11 reinin dichotomies. Just pick the best answer (sometimes you'll agree with both options, but just pick the one that fits you best) and don't try to explain your answer.

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is or how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is?

2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.)?

3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation?

4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day)?

5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type?

6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed?

7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post?

8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people?

9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task.

10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result?

11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input?

kensi 06/06/2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10781)
I don't get it. I don't have to try to be what I am wired to be;

Exactly:D , you try to be who you're not and in the process of realizing who you're not you become familiar with who you are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSV3 (Post 10808)
Kensi, here's a test based solely on the 11 reinin dichotomies. Just pick the best answer (sometimes you'll agree with both options, but just pick the one that fits you best) and don't try to explain your answer.

1. When you first walk into a room, are you thinking about how comfortable the room is or how beautifully/tastefully furnished it is?

2. When you start a new job are you thinking more about the pay/benefits/location or more about where the job will lead you in life (i.e., advancement opportunities, etc.)?

3. If you had planned a holiday, but then had to put the money you were saving for the holiday to another use, would you… still go on the vacation and find new ways to finance the vacation or would you not go on the vacation?

4. If someone asked you to describe the weather in your town, would you be more likely to generalize the weather (e.g., it always rains here) or give the weather trend (it’s been getting warmer every day)?

5. If someone came up to you and knew nothing about socionics and asked you about it and what you thought their type was, would you rather describe to them what socionics is in general or would you rather try and figure out and tell them their type?

6. If people are discussing a problem on a thread, are you going to be more sensitive to the overall emotional tone of the thread and try and improve it, or are you going to focused on solving the problem that is being discussed?

7. When you are reading someone’s post, are you more likely to first notice the positive/strong points made in the post or the negative/weak points in the post?

8. When making conclusions, do you prefer to use concepts that you have formed as an individual or do you prefer to use concepts that have been formed as a group of people?

9. Are you better at multitasking or focusing on just one single task.

10. When solving a problem, do you see yourself as part of the process or do you see yourself as manipulating the process from the outside with more attention focused on the actual result?

11. When you post, is your writing more of a dialogue with a number of questions for other users, or are your posts more of a monologue, where you just make statements and do not really ask for others input?

1. furnished
        2. pay/benef
        3. find new finance
        4. generalize weather
        5. tell them type
        6. solv problem discussed
        7. weak points i think
        8. as an individual
        9. multitasking
        10. manipulate outside
        11. you mean u cant tell:D ........dialog w/ more questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSV3 (Post 10808)

btw....I had one of the other members here tell me privately that i look like Clint Eastwood:D Does that get factored into the test?:bewildered:

[quote=Kanerou;10788]I'm not a Sensor. I'm too spaced-out. quote]

So which types do i get to choose from?

Quote:

Ok, I tried for a day to be an ENFj...... it didnt go very well....i was unable to make and live by a wealth of external judgments (Fe) and relate to the people i was around.

the other mumbo jumbo :

I tried to induce my intuitive powers to be able to provide inner visions w.r.t this overall Fe nature of mine and that failed.

I tried to coordinate FeSe activity and that failed.

I tried to screw myself up thru the overusage of my Si (4th) and that most obviously failed as i had no problems.

I don't know how to tell you this... but i cant be an ENFj
I must be something else.

RSV3 06/06/2008 07:51 AM

[quote=kensi;10809]Exactly:D , you try to be who you're not and in the process of realizing who you're not you become familiar with who you are.

1. furnished
        2. pay/benef
        3. find new finance
        4. generalize weather
        5. tell them type
        6. solv problem discussed
        7. weak points i think
        8. as an individual
        9. multitasking
        10. manipulate outside
        11. you mean u cant tell:D ........dialog w/ more questions
btw....I had one of the other members here tell me privately that i look like Clint Eastwood:D Does that get factored into the test?:bewildered:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanerou (Post 10788)
I'm not a Sensor. I'm too spaced-out. quote]

So which types do i get to choose from?

Ok, I tried for a day to be an ENFj...... it didnt go very well....i was unable to make and live by a wealth of external judgments (Fe) and relate to the people i was around.

the other mumbo jumbo :

I tried to induce my intuitive powers to be able to provide inner visions w.r.t this overall Fe nature of mine and that failed.

I tried to coordinate FeSe activity and that failed.

I tried to screw myself up thru the overusage of my Si (4th) and that most obviously failed as i had no problems.

I don't know how to tell you this... but i cant be an ENFj
I must be something else.

1. Farsighted—INFp or INFj
2. Static—ENFp or INFj
3. Obstinate—ENFj or ENFp
4. Static—ENFp or INFj
5. Tactical—INFp or ENFp
6. Constructivist—ENFj or INFj
7. Negativist—ENFj or ENFp
8. Subjective/Merry—ENFj or INFp
9. Right/Result—INFp or ENFp
10. Right/Result—INFp or ENFp
11. Questioning—ENFj or INFp

Totals:
ENFp=7
INFp=6
ENFj=5
INFj=4

The results of this test are somewhat inconclusive but it appears we can rule out INFj, since there nearly twice as many ENFp answers as INFj. The other three are somewhat of a tossup but ENFp comes out on top. Note that this test was solely based on the 11 reinin dichotomies and nothing else.