Socionics Forums

Socionics Forums (http://www.socionics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ramble Mumble (http://www.socionics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ***Introduce Yourself Thread*** (http://www.socionics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410)

dannutz 25/11/2008 01:43 PM

Hello
 
Hello everybody, my name is Dan, I'm INFp aka IEI and new to this forum.
I've been interested in analytical psychology for about one year, I started studying MBTI and Keirsey for a while, but when I discovered socionics I was instantly hooked, as is struck me as a much better, albeit still less mature, theory.

So here it is, my first post!

Kanerou 25/11/2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannutz (Post 16094)
Hello everybody, my name is Dan, I'm INFp aka IEI and new to this forum.
I've been interested in analytical psychology for about one year, I started studying MBTI and Keirsey for a while, but when I discovered socionics I was instantly hooked, as is struck me as a much better, albeit still less mature, theory.

So here it is, my first post!

Yay! Come talk on the chatbox; too few Betas there! Welcome. :D

chinosleep 25/11/2008 07:56 PM

INFp's rule the school. As my dad is one and I'm ISFp so we crack jokes and take the piss out of each other every 5 seconds, all in good nature mind you heheh

dannutz 26/11/2008 05:10 PM

hey thanks everybody for the warm welcome
where's this chatbox you guys mentioned? i can't seem to find it anywhere on the forum...

Cyclops 26/11/2008 05:11 PM

You have to make.. I think it is 3 posts before you gain access to it.

mshl 27/11/2008 12:07 AM

hello
i'm a newly registered ENFP

dannutz 27/11/2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclops (Post 16126)
You have to make.. I think it is 3 posts before you gain access to it.

Ah, thanks. Well then, here's my third :p

Sirena 03/12/2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshl (Post 16141)
hello
i'm a newly registered ENFP

welcome! good to have you around. :)

ChadZed 16/12/2008 09:34 PM

Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is staying warm. Its a beautiful and balmy -10 C here in my home town, which is much better than the -30 C yesterday! Yeah I'm Canadian, its pretty obvious, we are weather obsessed!

Oh, my name is Chad, and I am an ENFj! Ya! Don't know about the subtype stuff yet, so couldn't really say!

Banter 16/12/2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadZed (Post 16452)
Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is staying warm. Its a beautiful and balmy -10 C here in my home town, which is much better than the -30 C yesterday! Yeah I'm Canadian, its pretty obvious, we are weather obsessed!

Oh, my name is Chad, and I am an ENFj! Ya! Don't know about the subtype stuff yet, so couldn't really say!

:welcome: Chad ! Hope you'll enjoy your stay.



I love the cold, but -30 C is a bit too cold. :)

Mr. Kippling 26/12/2008 01:00 PM

Hi,

I'm not exactly new but the last time I visited was 01/06/2007 at 06:11 PM, so I guess that means I should re-introduce myself.

Also I'm the user lecky from the16types.

Banter 26/12/2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kippling (Post 16490)
Hi,

I'm not exactly new but the last time I visited was 01/06/2007 at 06:11 PM, so I guess that means I should re-introduce myself.

Also I'm the user lecky from the16types.

:welcome: back, Mr Kippling! :)

JennaINFP 01/01/2009 08:54 AM

haven't yet posted on the "Introduce Yourself Thread"
well... my name is Jenna, and I'm an INFp.. I'm extremely interested in psychological types, I'd like to be a clinical psychologist once I'm done with school. :) still only 16 though. haha.
I started taking an interest in MBTI and Socionics about the same time last year, started with MBTI but I quickly realized Socionics was the right way to go. ^.^
And pretty much, since I first started reading about it, I have been hooked, it's everything I do in my spare time. but also, I play World of Warcraft.. mostly this though.
I might not post much, I'm much more of a reader than a poster whenever I join a forum. >.<

thumperene 25/02/2009 03:54 PM

greetings from a fellow ISFp!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Good midnight people!

I am an ISFp and I live in Singapore- you know, the island nation somewhere in south east asia also known as that dot in the map. I am a 25 y.o designer that don't own any pets.

watergirl82 06/04/2009 01:15 AM

I hate introductions...
 
*bows* hajimemashite....yoroshiku onegaishimasu :D

I'm INFJ. Occasionally turn out INFP. But it doesn't matter. Because I can mix and match into every type I want if the occasion calls for it. So maybe I'm really an ENFJ (the actor).

I'm here for purely impractical reasons. I'm not a researcher though I am a psychology student. Mainly, I'm an empath. I first pick up how others perceive me, which is usually a mix of naive, incompetent, arrogant, self-absorbed, and disrespectful. I generally piss those off who secretly loathe themselves because I mirror to others who they are. So if you're pissed reading this, look in the mirror.

Besides this, I have a tender heart and a childlike, playful spirit. Free from toxic environments, I truly love who I am. This is my greatest strength and something many covet.

Also, there's always something interesting brewing around me. My life would make a good novel or TV series. I'm secretive and blunt, a combination which draws some types like bees to honey. So, I always carry lots of bug spray. Wanna know something about me? Please ask. I'm always up for a good debate/discussion.

Prometheus 06/04/2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watergirl82 (Post 16888)
Wanna know something about me? Please ask. I'm always up for a good debate/discussion.

Since you are not convinced that you are an INFJ (EII, INFj), neither am I. And the content and style of your post does not help to make me more convinced. What is your life style like? What about your working habits, sleeping habits ...?

watergirl82 07/04/2009 06:50 PM

Well, you call it lack of conviction. I call it skepticism and a genuine reluctance to pigeonhole myself. But glad you asked.

Lifestyle...hard to pin down. I'm not flashy or athletic per se, but I'm always working on something, always moving about. Generally health- and appearance conscious.

I'm extremely ambitious, organized and diligent when it comes to projects I'm passionate about. If I don't care, you will know, because I simply will ignore.

I tend to work best on my own, though when I get the opportunity to choose to work with a small group of like-minded people, I really love the exchange.

My sleep habits..light sleeper. Have a hard time finding regular sleep schedule, though I've managed to get my 7-8 hs a night.

Often have to remind myself to set timer. I forget to eat & sleep, etc when engrossed in something.

Emotionally, I vacillate between numb and too hot to handle.

RSV3 08/04/2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watergirl82 (Post 16912)
Well, you call it lack of conviction. I call it skepticism and a genuine reluctance to pigeonhole myself. But glad you asked.

Lifestyle...hard to pin down. I'm not flashy or athletic per se, but I'm always working on something, always moving about. Generally health- and appearance conscious.

I'm extremely ambitious, organized and diligent when it comes to projects I'm passionate about. If I don't care, you will know, because I simply will ignore.

I tend to work best on my own, though when I get the opportunity to choose to work with a small group of like-minded people, I really love the exchange.

My sleep habits..light sleeper. Have a hard time finding regular sleep schedule, though I've managed to get my 7-8 hs a night.

Often have to remind myself to set timer. I forget to eat & sleep, etc when engrossed in something.

Emotionally, I vacillate between numb and too hot to handle.

I think ENFj is a distinct possibility for you. What makes you think you are introverted?

maynei 08/04/2009 12:16 PM

Hugs from a new-by ESFJ! (a student of arts , a lover of books and in need of help)

Loving the ideas that socionics brings compared to
MBTI(even though the system has some bugs) I have studied the functions in more than 2 weeks.

Typing oneself has been more of a problem to me(unfortunately). Using my intuition I would clearly say I have the characteristics of an ENTP(female), I am very confident in :Nes: and :Tes:, and I clearly disagree with the limitations of the ESFJ type(the differences of sex as a standard for humans is mediocre, I am equal to any human near me, be it male or female, and I disagree with the cleanliness obsession in contrast to my mental attributes). But the testing found on the web and my attitude with people is of high ESFJ(I fonded this repulsing for I am not a housewife, nor a pig-head). This, as a result, has brought a lot of stress in my life.
Hoping though that this problem can be solved( being in peace with myself if I am the problem or finding the problem/s in the socionics).

By an other point of view I have found a lot of new mentalities and world-views that are intriguing and loving to exchange data with any type .
Hope we can be friends!

SG 08/04/2009 09:16 PM

*likes the profile/album picture*


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 SOCIONICS.COM